We are recruiting a motivated and talented individual for a postdoctoral position available in the BAND Lab. Our work incorporates various behavioral, neuroimaging (fMRI and EEG), physiological, and psychopharmacological techniques to better understand the mechanisms of social connection in healthy individuals and social deficits in patient populations including post-traumatic stress disorder, alcohol use disorder, and schizophrenia. Furthermore, our work also involves developing and testing novel treatments for these social deficits. More information about the work in the lab can be found here.
The successful candidate will conduct behavioral, physiological, and neuroimaging research involving human individual, dyadic, and group cohesion, psychobiological synchrony, and socially relevant pharmacological interventions in these clinical populations. Specifically, the candidate will contribute heavily to the design and execution of several research protocols; review and monitor behavioral, neural, and psychophysiological data acquisition and analysis; and preparation of manuscripts for publication. The successful candidate must demonstrate independence and responsibility and show a serious drive for research.
1. Ph.D. required in the field of psychology, neuroscience or a related field
2. Strong expertise in quantitative statistical analysis
3. Evidence of research productivity
4. Experience with psycho- or neurophysiological recording, analysis tools and technical hardware/software experience
5. Ability to work under minimal supervision
6. Ability to train research assistants
1. Programming experience with Python, Matlab, etc. and statistical software programs (e.g. R, SPSS).
2. Previous fMRI experience is preferred
Interested candidates should send 1) a cover letter, 2) a resume and 3) the contact information for 2 references to Dr. Josh Woolley and Lisa Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify "BAND Lab Post-Doctoral Position" in the subject line of your email.